Menu
rotty
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow down speeds

ive had the engineers out to fix my broadband but still not right. 

I am suppose to get 200mb speed , I get this speed that pay for during the day but when it comes to night I am lucky if I get 15mb.

can you please sort this out I'm paying for a product that I am not getting.

thanks

0 Kudos
Topic63
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow down speeds

Lol!

you will be lucky, I've been monitoring mine since Jan and it's so inconsistent. It pigs me off that I'm paying for a certain service &a speed but I'll be lucky if I get 1/4 of what Virgin say.

looking at the other blogs, they always seem to come up with the same reply almost parrot fashion - just fix the bloody problem!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya rotty,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running stable.

Can you complete speed tests during the evening whilst the Hub is in modem mode please to see if the speeds differ?

Do you notice these speeds on all your devices or just the one?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rotty
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi samantha
Just done a speed test getting 17 megabits its always from about 4pm to about 11pm when its most busy when everyones on the internet. During the day time i get the proper speed.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rotty,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your speeds.

I have taken a look at your connection and peak time demand from this side looks fine from so shouldn't be affecting your connection. 

Do you have the same trouble during peak time with the computer in safe mode with networking and the Hub in modem only mode

Let us know as it will help us to rule some things out. 

All the best. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos