Menu
KennyY
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very slow cable speed in Ayrshire

Had Virgin cable for about 3 months. First month speed was up at 195mb out of max 200mb so was really happy. Last few days speed has been terrible with speeds in last 2 tests of 21.4 and 14.2. Really poor. Also noticed while out doing the garden at the weekend that the installer has run the cable (that they told me they had put in a trench) along the bottom of my neighbours temporary fence. Going to have to try and sort that myself when the better weather comes in. A lot of disappointment after only 3 months. Don't trust a salesman that tells you that it doesn't matter where you are in the house because your signal isn't affected by walls or obstacles. It truly is.

0 Kudos
KennyY
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow cable speed in Ayrshire

This is still an ongoing issue during peak times. Virgin have only moved into my area within the last few months so it's extremely disappointing that I'm paying for a 200mb service and at 6pm an internet page won't even load on my ipad.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow cable speed in Ayrshire

Hiya KennyY,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub is showing as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or at certain times?

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos