Menu
Humanbeersponge
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband

Really struggling with broadband speeds, when testing sometime I cannot even get a result. Speeds as low as 0.96mbs which is not acceptable. Constantly resetting router which does not seem to rectify much.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow broadband

Hey there Humanbeersponge,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know this can be frustrating.

I'd like to ask a few questions to help with our diagnostics. Are you testing a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Ideally we would like to see results from a hard-wired test, if you don't have an Ethernet cable let me know.

Do you notice if the speeds change a certain times of the day / night?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Humanbeersponge
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok just ran a speed test on a laptop with Ethernet and getting 55-39mbs

Sat next to the virgin router and tried a test on wifi and I was getting 0.4 mbs on both iPad and iPhone.

I have then plugged a net gear router into the virgin router by Ethernet to set up another wifi signal and when doing the same test on the new wifi signal have been getting between18-9 mbs on iPhone and Ipad. I assume from this the simple explanation is the virgin routers wifi is faulty and I need a replacement.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Humanbeersponge,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate all the checks you have completed so far. From your results I can see that you are getting the correct speeds through wired.

With the wireless this could be due to interference and you can try to change the wireless channel to try and improve the connection.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos