Menu
ChrisMayhew
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband on a night..

Hello

I'm getting a little bit annoyed at how slow my broadband is on a night..

See the first picture..

AwfulSpeed.png

Now I've supposedly been speed boosted to 100mb already which I do get in a morning but on a night after 4pm it's about that speed thats in the screenshot above.. I understand that more people are using the internet but that's ridiculous speed imo.

These are my downstream power levels.

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 21.28.09.png

I was told it was a high utilisation area by an engineer when he came out fixing my upstream levels and that upgrades are being done but not going to be completed until November but I can't put up with this until November because everything is too slow when you've got more than one device running...

Oh and to add the speed test was taken on a wired computer.

Any help from VM techie would be great!

Upload speed is good though Smiley Wink

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
ChrisMayhew
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow broadband on a night..

Another night of very slow internet.. Only running at 2.8 download tonight!
0 Kudos
Spooni
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yup, getting the same issue here(on a wired PC) - except mine is a 20 -> 50Mbps upgrade, and I'm doing well if it hits as 'high' as 3mbps in the evenings. Also for me its WV4 area.

Also giving your thread a 'bump' Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

might be a worth taking a look at https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status to see if it has a fault ref eg F00 and a possible estimated time of upgrade etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ChrisMayhew
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

paultechy wrote:
might be a worth taking a look at https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status to see if it has a fault ref eg F00 and a possible estimated time of upgrade etc.

Thanks for the suggestion

i did look on that page before this post and just now and the only ones with F00 are TV problems. Apparently Broadband is good service... I beg to differ lol

0 Kudos
ChrisMayhew
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Anyone from Virgin Media going to respond to this or just ignore it?

My speed during the day is now even worse, Just done a speed test and only got 22mbps down..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

the forum team are possibly dealing with a backlog of threads to deal with, if you dont get any joy over the next 24hrs, if you post back and i'll flag it up to the forum staff.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisMayhew,

Apologies for the delayed response. I've checked your connection and I'm afraid it is a utilisation issue. Fault F002933596 is currently estimated to close 24/09/14. These dates are estimates only and could be pushed back so it could be November.  I'd suggest calling our customer services team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and request a credit quoting the above F00 number. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ChrisMayhew
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

John_G wrote:

Hi ChrisMayhew,

Apologies for the delayed response. I've checked your connection and I'm afraid it is a utilisation issue. Fault F002933596 is currently estimated to close 24/09/14. These dates are estimates only and could be pushed back so it could be November.  I'd suggest calling our customer services team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and request a credit quoting the above F00 number. 

Thanks the reply John.

I'll give them a call tomorrow about it and see what they say.

Hopefully it'll be fixed by the 24/09 then but I won't hold my breath Smiley Wink

But in all seriousness if it doesn't improve a lot what can be done about it further?

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Are you in St Helens / WA postcode area? That area is blighted by speed problems, one of which dates back to October 2012 and is still awaiting a fix. There's nothing you can do unfortunately other than wait and hope that they eventually do something.

0 Kudos