Menu
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband for months in perivale ub6

Hello. Have this problem already a year or more. live in perivale ub6 7de.

I have -  Up to 60 Mb connection, but when in reality download speed average its no more than 5-10 mbps, many times its even under 1mb ( my phone can do way too better than that).

Called VM, they told its a fault, then it got fixed for a for some time and then back down, then another fault, and another, and so on, last one i found out - that there is fault, was on 26.May and they told will be sorted till 1.July ( first july - thats one and half moths, what about my payments for that time?) so its like one week good broadband and 2-3 months bad broadband.

speed test done on desktop/wifi  and also on ps4/wired  difference is couple mb so that`s nothing at my speed here.

here is recent speed test a bit after 10pm, and that is good speed - now i can maybe try and play my NHL on ps4 without many lags.  

speedtest.jpg

so I have seen guys are asking for down stream and upstram inf, there u go: downstr.jpg

upstream.jpg

Feel free to to ask any info need.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very slow broadband for months in perivale ub6

Just so others know- review date has been moved again to 30/03/2016  so, thats another 4 months Smiley Happy

another test - 16/11/2015

hiroson
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jcmusic wrote:

Guys. Leave these clowns. They don't deserve our money. I'm having terrible peak times speeds and will be going elsewhere very soon. They are signing up more people than their networks can cope with. It's pure greed at work here. I know that upgrades and repairs have to be carried out from time to time but Virgin should not be downgrading the quality of service to the point where it is unusable. It's a disgrace. Just not good enough at all. 

So review date got extended to end of May. I think if after May i am just going to leave VM. Fed up. totally un-useable in the evening. im paying 30£ to EE for 4g (25g) data sim so i can game in the evening without lag.

Prob i have is, with BT i only get 4mb (as there infinity will never be installed in my cabinet) which is a improvement from the 1mb im getting with vm. 

Joys of living in london, When you see other European countries main cities having an average of 60mb+ net. Then there is us with companies like VM n Open reach, who like to do things slowly, at a leisurely pace. While our monies line the directors wallets, and never receive the service we pay for.

lets see what happens, i believe the review date is mid May. If i get slow net after. im out. waited patiently for over 2 and a half years, i think enough is enough

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi sandiss

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with slow speeds.

I've run some checks on your broadband connection, the line and the hub have come back as fine which is good. However high peak time traffic in your area is causing the slow speeds you have been experiencing. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003236262 and with a review date of 4th November.

I understand how frustrating this can be and I appreciate your patience. Please feel free to bump this thread nearer the time where we will have more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for replay.
Ok so now estimated time to fix problem is 4th nov.
I have no idea how speed is in daytime, cos I'm working then, but then when I get home sometimes its just terrible, can't even browse anything or even play ps4, because broadband is even below 1mb. So it's even not 10% what should be, would be happy at least for 20mb when it should be 50-60, what I'm paying for.
Hope will get sorted quicker than that. again postponed for 4 months. :/
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi sandiss

Thanks for the reply.

When I checked the fault ticket I can see that extra downstream channels have been added to improve the connection. I hope this does get resolved sooner for you.

In regards to a credit, by all means call our Customer Services department on either 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hey, hanks for some info.

But with all that Friday evening and speed is so low that have lost connection few times already. 

Its nice when at least downstream is increased, without that i would not have any internet at all - here is speed test ( only one who was using internet while running speedtest was kid - watching some cartoon on youtube on ipad) 

I like that statistic. 

It would be nice if anyone could run those tests when i`m actually using internet, like from 6pm. 

edited: 

thats 20 min later.   

and that is how it is in reality for last half a year or more already and form your info looks like will be same for 4 months more. 

p.s 

0345 454 1111. is it free ( i mean normal rates) or is there any extra charges? cos whenever i have called to VM waiting time is minimum 10min. no reason to call and ask £5-10 credit if charged same.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi sandiss

When I check the network at the moment the traffic is running at a high percentage.

Even though you might be the only one using the broadband, if other devices are connected to the wireless/wired connection then they will still take up the bandwidth even if they are not in use.

If you tried another test through wired and while the router is in modem mode, see if your speed result changes.

Let me know if you do try this

Sam

0 Kudos
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

My PC is wireless connected, and dont have long enaugh long cable to connect it. 

so just done another test while all other devices are on airplane mode or even disconnected from power.

I could only do that test in modem mode on ps4 system if it helps cos speed is always same, i just dont know with which server it is testing speed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi sandiss

If you do manage to complete a test through modem mode it will have to be through a laptop/PC. As using the PS4 their servers are based in Europe so it's not a true reflection on the speeds you will get.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

So here we go again. There it was, acceptable speed for few hours, and now there is no internet at all for last 2 hours. Got connection bac after first(factory setting) router restart, but now it doesn't help.

And finally got cable, so soon when will be able will do that modem mode speed test.
0 Kudos
sandiss
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

And it works again!
0 Kudos