Menu
Bobdillan
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband, Walsall 04 area

Signed up with Virgin 2 weeks ago on the Vivid 200 package. The broadband speed is disgraceful, with it averaging 15mb. I'm in the 04 Walsall area and having read the forum it seems like there are alot of people in the same situation as me in this area. My biggest regret it not leaving before the the 14 day cancellation period. I was previously with Sky and always had a solid 33 mb throughout the day.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow broadband, Walsall 04 area

Bobdillan wrote:
Signed up with Virgin 2 weeks ago on the Vivid 200 package. The broadband speed is disgraceful, with it averaging 15mb. I'm in the 04 Walsall area and having read the forum it seems like there are alot of people in the same situation as me in this area. My biggest regret it not leaving before the the 14 day cancellation period. I was previously with Sky and always had a solid 33 mb throughout the day.

If I was you run, run as fast as you can to cancel your contract, if you are in an oversubscribed area it will take years for VM to put their hand in their pockets, they will blame the councils first for planning permission. You don't need a 14 day cooling period, they broke their side of the contract, and get them to pay for your previous ISP to be installed back as you are out of pocket, they have a legal duty of care to provide you with your contracted speed, they have failed.

• You need to complain using their procedure : Complaints Code Of Practice.
  • After 8 Weeks take it up with VM's regulator CISAS.
  • Request with the CISAS complaint that you want to be fully reimbursed for all costs and time, including reconnecting you to your previous working ISP (you can get a max of £10k) and a written apology to rub it in.
  • You don't need to have a contract with VM to do all this.

If more people do this VM with get a hefty fine for not treating their customers by the rules, a bit like what happened to EE.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Bobdillan
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I've had a word with them yesterday and they have promised to get it fixed by April. They may let me cancel the contract early if bb speeds are still slow for the next few days.
0 Kudos
davidhawk
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am associated with Sky for more than 8 years and fully satisfied with its services. Whenever I face any problem in their services simply calling the Sky support phone number is enough. Lines of Sky Telephone number are open seven days a week from 7 am to 11 pm and the sky customer service executive will be available seven days a week from 8:30 am to 9 pm. The best thing here is that you can also file a complaint in writing and send it to Sky customer complaint postal address:

Customer Complaints

Sky Ireland

1 Burlington Plaza

Burlington Road

Dublin 4

Source: http://www.fixithere.net/sky-customer-service/

0 Kudos
LEESTAR
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just out of curiosity where in walsall may i ask ? My friend lives in willenhall and they say April is a ( estimated ) fix date. Although from what i have read when your in a overloaded area it can take months! I live in Pelsall and had Virgin broadband installed December and mine still isnt working as it should. New install on the estate and my speed is perfect up until peak times where it drops from 100mb to 20mb MAX! This though is noise on the line or so they say and should be fixed today, im guessing my fixed date will be put back once again. We shall see. They soon take the money off you but drag the feet fixing things, no idea how watchdog hasnt looked into them!

Lee

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

April will be a Review Date, NOT a Fix Date. Have a look around this forum to see how the call centre promises the earth, and delivers nothing. As Bartman said, run for it!

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
Bobdillan
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I live near the Walsall football stadium. Looking at some of the threads, you can see this problem in the Midlands area has been going on for some time. I regret not looking at them before signing up. The advisor admitted that they are over subscribed in the Midlands and that Virgin should mention this before anyone signs up. But like you said, as long as they get your money they don't really care about the rest.
0 Kudos
Swinder
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The review dates are far from fix dates so prepare yourself for the long haul. First things first, ensure you get a nice discount applied during the length of the issues.

I live in Wednesfield and my review date is 29/03/2017. Ref; F004980086.

Also, for reference, the area 04 is just a billing area rather than services related so you will likely get different fault numbers despite being under the same "area". It stems from the days of NTL, Blueyonder and the various mergers and acquisitions.

0 Kudos
mat1169
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate. 

Have you had any improvements? I'm on 200mbps and in the morning I get around 60mbps, however on the afternoon (now) I get around 20mbps. I have even just upgraded to Gamer packager (to remove traffic management) but not much difference. This is a disgrace. I'm based in Pelsall / Walsall.

Shall I contact Virgin and try find an explanation as to why my internet is so poor?

Thank you all

0 Kudos
Tabby081
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is very helpful, thank you. 

I have been having issues with Virgin Media broadband for live ever and ever, its time I did something about it. 

Regards 

Tab 

0 Kudos