Menu
purplefairy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very slow at peak times BS31

Hello

I hope you can help please - our broadband is meant to be up to 200mb. Last night it was barely 10mb, what is going on please? streaming is unwatchable (amazon, 4od)  

It is nearer 80mb in the day, still less than half advertised, but at least streaming is possible so I know it works. However it's not very useful as it's not at the time we can sit down to watch anything.

It isn't our PC or wifi signal in the house or it would be unusable all the time, it happens over ethernet as well as wifi, and it's worse during peak times. I'd like to know when it might be fixed please. The variation in Speedtest results can be seen below.  

IMG_4810.PNG

0 Kudos
purplefairy
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow at peak times BS31

where is the 200mb? lucky if we get 20mb, or an answerSmiley Frustrated

IMG_4817.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi purplefairy,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you back here.

Sorry to see that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004416415 and with a review date of 7th December.

As this fault is impacting your connection during peak hours, can you complete a speed test through a wired connection whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode during the daytime please? This will eliminate other devices connected. With the PC/laptop you are testing with does it have a gigabit LAN card and are you using a Cat 5 e or above Ethernet cable?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
purplefairy
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for the suggestions.

This is the speed this evening via ethernet/modem mode @5.45pm. I do have a gigabit LAN card and the cat5 cable.

No other devices are running via wifi as I have just switched them off to test.

I will post again, mostly after 8pm it gets worse, we stream netflix or amazon on the PC in the evening, we don't have a tv as we prefer the streaming channels :-( 

0 Kudos
purplefairy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Today at 21.03 :-/ 

0 Kudos
purplefairy
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upload is faster than download tonight at 20.28 - no other devices connected, and it is a meagre 8.90mb/s via ethernet

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya purplefairy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

With the speed tests you posted these are during peak hours and will be due to the high peak time traffic fault I mentioned.

The last speed test result you posted, shows the time of 1:28 PM, was that correct or was the speed taken at 20:28, the time you posted?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos