Menu
alanwardrop
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow at all hours following a total outage

Hi,

I'm affected by F003508185 giving peak time speed issues, but in the last couple of weeks things have actually seemed a bit better.

However yesterday afternoon there was a total outage for a an hour and a half or so (TV as well), after which things have been absolutely dreadful, during off peak time as well.

Current performance at mid-day

speed020317.png

and I think this BQM tells an interesting story:

BQM020317.jpg

Clearly things after the outage are different from before! I'm hoping that perhaps a quick, temporary, fix to the outage has resulted in something being badly overloaded (apart from a brief respite in the early hours). Hopefully more work going on, although status of course doesn't show any fault,  but I wanted to post here now in case things don't improve.

Cheers,

A.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow at all hours following a total outage

Hi alanwardrop, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have had trouble with your connection. That BQM doesn't look great. 

I have taken a look and it seems there are a few things going on, firstly I can see there is an issue with SNR and FECS (Signal to Noise Ratio and Forward Error Corrections) I have popped the details across to networks.

I can also see that there are some issues with slow speeds during peak hours, I have popped this across to networks to investigate further. I will keep an eye on this. 

I will let you know as soon as I know more on both issues. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi alanwardrop, 

Just a quick update, I have had work back from networks, and they have raised a fault ref F005149022 for SNR and FECS. I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know once I have more news on this. 

Additionally networks have raised a fault for slow speeds during peak times, ref F005147517. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alanwardrop
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma that's helpful. I will follow up your pm, although actually this particular issue seems to have settled down now. I was also seeing the same distinctive BQM pattern discussed under the thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/BQM-Graphs-showing-increased-latency/td-p/3358186 for a few days, but that also seems to have been resolved.

Cheers,

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the high latency you experienced this has now been resolved, which is mentioned in the link you posted.

Have you noticed an improvement with the broadband speeds or are you still experiencing this during off peak hours?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos