Menu
Caveman29
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Very slow Xbox&PS4

Hi,

I just had 100mb fibre installed and the speed compared to my old plusnet 40mb is so much slower, consoles only reporting 15mb download speeds, where as my ipad

is registereing 98mb any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

caveman

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow Xbox&PS4

Hi Caveman29,

Firstly welcome to our Forum Smiley Happy Please don't be too despondent about your current speeds as I think it's not actually representative of any issue on our network. I have thoroughly tested your connection and can confirm there is no evidence of any fault that might result in slower speeds.

What is important to note here is that to achieve speeds of 100mb or more you'll need to have hardware that meets the required specifications. So for hardwired connections you should have a gigabit network card and either a Cat6 or Cat5e Ethernet cable.
Wireless devices will need to have 'N' or 'AC' standard, multi-stream WLAN cards. 

Your current NIC and WLAN card properties can obtained from 'device manager' on your computer.  If you need more help with that please let me know what Operating System you have (e.g. Win10, Win7 etc) and how you connect (Ethernet or wireless).

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos