Menu
rocky1488
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow Broadband speed in Whiteley, Fareham

Very slow speed (contract up to 100MPS) currently 1.4MPS download at peak times. I called the Virgin to be told that 'there is nothing wrong with your equipment and too many people are using the service'. Whilst I would expect some degrading at peak times, but to expect a service 70 times slower than the service advertised is unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow Broadband speed in Whiteley, Fareham

Hi rocky1488,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've checked it out and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004031061). Our technicians are working to get this sorted as soon as possible and have set a review date of 11th January 2017.

I've also picked up an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robers7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in Whiteley and suffer such poor performance (even on the VIVID 200 GAMER package) that the internet is next-to unusable in the evenings. For example, I cannot stream youtube over a wired Ethernet connection in the evenings without routine buffering! That's not a 200meg service.

I am advised the next review date is June 2017. I have downgraded my package accordingly so my subscription rate better reflects the performance (though I'm not even getting the contracted 50meg!)

0 Kudos
jamiet147
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Another Whiteley resident here and I'm also getting restricted to 5MB in the evening. I've spoken to VM's technical support a few times but just get told (in broken English) that the network is over-subscribed and it will be like this until June. 

Does this poor service allow me to terminate my contract early or entitle me to any compensation? 

0 Kudos