Menu
dataplague
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very poor speeds on vivid 200 gamer

So, I just recently learned of the vivid 200 gamer package, im a very heavy user, and liked the sound of no traffic management, i should've known it wouldn't make a difference when its not me being traffic managed, but my area being oversubscribed. paying for 200mbs and getting 63 just isnt good enough. I need an explanation

4pm speeds

4:30pm even worse!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very poor speeds on vivid 200 gamer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy

All Replies
scar82
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

same issue here.  my speeds were better when on the normal 200.   Once it gets to 11-12am, the speed goes to advertised.   

0 Kudos
dataplague
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apparently they're doing work in my area. And should be resolved by Wednesday next week. I'll report back. But I'm not holding my breath..
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
GuitarJoe
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just been told the same thing - work in my area, should start in a couple of days.

Funny how the virgin postcode checker shows no faults in my area... 

Our contract is up in May so we'll be off to BT. Might as well get a slower internet speed that actually works as advertised, otherwise, what's the point?

0 Kudos
dataplague
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't you worry, I'll be doing just that. I'd sooner have a solid 72mbs service, that isnt oversubscribed, than a garbage '200mbs' service that is.