Menu
shawstar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very poor speeds at peek times

Hello can someone tell me when Virgin plan to sort this out?  Very poor broadband speeds at peek times in my area.  Area reference 04.  Post code WV12.

This has been going on for some time now and has gotten worse.  Virgin media are happy to take peoples money but not do anything to support the speeds and look after their existing customers.

I hope to hear something soon as I don't have any joy when ringing up to get information.

Speak soon.

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor speeds at peek times

Hi shawstar,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004609728). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 15th March.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shawstar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Thank you for getting back to me, saved me a phone call again.  

So just to be clear, is 15th March a fix date?  Or review with your team.

To be honest this has been going on for quite some time now.  I'd say since June 2016.  I gave Virgin Media the benefit of the doubt to sort things as you had written to me with planned maintenance / upgrading speeds taking place 20th September 2016.  

Since then I've seen no sign of improvement, if anything getting worse.

I've been a customer for many years back to the Telewest days with 500kbs speeds.  This was a different account and address but still exists with my family now.  I've always viewed Virgin Media as a reliable / fast broadband provider (Mother of all Broadband).   At present the company appears to have taken to grabbing new business / market share but at the expense of your current long standing / existing customers.

The team on twitter have been most helpful including yourself.  I know this isn't directly your fault either.

On another note as of September 2016 was told of a upgrade of speed from 50mbs to 70mbs.  According to your website, upgrades are ready but nothing has changed with my speed package. Could you check this for me please?

If you could come back in response to the fix date and the above speed change I would really appreciate that.

In the meantime I would like to see a suitable compensation off my bills until this issue of peek time speeds is properly resolved.

Many thanks in advance.

Speak soon.

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi shawstar,

I can completely understand your frustration with this.

The date the technicians set is a review date, not a fix date. It's difficult to pin down a specific time for network upgrades such as this.

I've sent you a private message so we can discuss this in further detail, including you speed boost and credit for the loss of service.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos