Menu
GB19
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very poor speeds and contention in Oxton

I've been having problems for at least12-18m. I pay for 200 broadband but get 20-30 if I'm lucky. I know it's because we're over prescribed in our area but keep getting told it's going to be fixed, date keeps moving back, told this weekend it was fixed but getting 28. I've received credits most months but have to ring up and they are very reluctant and tell me it's fine now. Rang Saturday and today on phone an hour. Got transferred 5 times then cut off today! Made so many calls but get told different things. Neighbour put me on to this forum. At least he's getting updates and automatic credits until resolved. We've been with virgin since it was even ntlworld, would be off like a shot but not really much else on offer in our area. Very unhappy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor speeds and contention in Oxton

Hi GB19,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Were the speed tests completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired at different times of the day please to see if there is a difference? When using speedtest.net, select the default server and try to post the link/screenshot of the results.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GB19
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying. The engineer did a wired test and it was 67 I think. The other readings were unwired. My neighbour has only just recently had an email/ update from yourselves to say work isn't due to be completed in our area until end of April and they will continue to have the credit applied?? Conflicting info.
0 Kudos
GB19
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam just did wireless test and I got 14.47, sorry, couldn't work out how to copy into poat😬 How do I select default server? Thanks
0 Kudos
GB19
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Post!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GB19,

Thanks for getting back to me.

When using speedtest.net, it should select the default server when you click on Begin Test.

As there is a high amount of devices connected, it may be best to complete a speed test whilst the Hub is in modem mode. This will eliminate other devices connected. 

In regards to your neighbour they will be affected by a separate issue. There are no faults reported on the line you are connected too.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos