Menu
N_Wilky
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very poor download speed

On Thursday morning there was a Broadband outage in Runwell.
Since the outage the upload speed has remained the same at 6mb but the download speed has dropped from 60mb to 1mb.
Spent 40 minutes on the phone yesterday to be told it was the local use slowing it down (strange, 60mb usually at 8pm before the outage) and then said it was a local fault and will be fixed by March 2017.
My mobile has a higher download speed as a wireless hotspot.
Surely in this day and age this is not acceptable and what can be done to get this fixed?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor download speed

Evening N_Wilky,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. I am unable to see any apparent issues that would cause this drop in speeds.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
N_Wilky
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor download speed

The test was wired and wireless with no other connections made.

Strangely the connection speed returned to normal (80mb) on Tuesday but the support line was adamant that there was no specific performance issues, only a general issue being resolved on March 2017 (although no details were given).

Looking on other posts, some have said that poor cable (network) connections have been a cause so after the outage on the previous Thursday there may have been a poor joint if a cable was worked on?

Many thanks for your response.
0 Kudos