Menu
Alan52
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Very poor Internet bandwidth

We live in Preston PR5 area ref 01 and subscribe to a 150Mb internet service. I have a high powered desktop PC connected via a LAN to the VM hub. I have spent a considerable length of time on the phone to tech support boosting signal and resetting everthing. The very best we can get is around 40MB at off peak periods but in the evening and weekends we can go down to 3Mb. As a family of five who game on-line and stream constantley, the service is nolonger fit for purpose. In our speed tests we can get greater upload speeds than download. This clearly points to congestion in the network. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO GET FIXED AS IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR MONTHS?

Speed test results below

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/582cf72f-7a18-4a7a-addd-6c843f09f64d

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor Internet bandwidth

Hi Alan52,

I am sorry for your speed issues and I have thoroughly tested your connection. There was a capacity issue on a couple of the downstream channels to which your Hub connects (all other channels were fine) but this has since been rectified. I would imagine that you've seen an improvement since posting but if not please post an update and we'll investigate further for you.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos