Menu
sean86manc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow (Unusable) speed in M33 area

Hi,

I've been with Virgin on 50meg for two years at this address and until December I was experiencing wonderful speeds - even consistently reaching 50meg during peak times.

Since December however, there are times when the internet has becomes completely unusuable - taking 5 minutes to load a webpage etc.  With speedtest reporting 0.08(!) Meg.    At the moment the speed is less than 1 meg and has been for the past two hours.

I've rang tech support on four occasions in the past month and each time I get fobbed off by what is frankly a load of rubbish.    The awful offshore customer service is possibly more infuriating than the slow speeds!

This is my last ditch attempt for hope my internet will improve again so I don't switch to another ISP. :-( 

0 Kudos
sean86manc
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow (Unusable) speed in M33 area

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow (Unusable) speed in M33 area

Hi sean86manc,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004832006). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 17 May.

I've also attempted to run diagnostics on the equipment but the hub appears to be offline at the moment. Is it switched off at your end?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos