Menu
TazDevil
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Speeds On 200Mb S71 postal area.

For the last 3 or 4 months I have been suffering extremely slow speeds and no one seems to want to know about it. I pay for an upto 200Mb service and I cannot remember the last time I hit more than 20Mb. The last few weeks have been extremely slow my current speeds range from 0.9 - 5mb. 

This is tonights speed,

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5825091429.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Speeds On 200Mb S71 postal area.

Hi TazDevil,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. 

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004329338 and with a review date of 1st February 2017.

I can see that the speed test result you posted was outside these hours. Was it completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
biff2005
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TazDevil wrote:

For the last 3 or 4 months I have been suffering extremely slow speeds and no one seems to want to know about it. I pay for an upto 200Mb service and I cannot remember the last time I hit more than 20Mb. The last few weeks have been extremely slow my current speeds range from 0.9 - 5mb. 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Area-14-fault-ref-F004329338/td-p/3270500

you must live near me has we have the same ref code for our speed problems......

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Samantha_L wrote:

I can see that the speed test result you posted was outside these hours. Was it completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

The speed test by default shows the USA Pacific timezone. Add 8 hours for UK Time, 11:50 AM PST = 7:50 PM GMT.

0 Kudos