Menu
Danmac
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Peak Download Speed

VirginMedia, what's going on!? There are so many posts on this forum about slow download speeds during peak times! I'm only paying for 20Mbps but lucky to get 1Mbps during evening peak. Has been going on for over 3 months now. I've contacted customer services a couple of times to be told that it's due to "upgrades", that won't be finished till end of March! I notice when logging on to my.virginmedia there's a notice: "Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 20Mbps to up to 70Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between February 2017 and February 2017" - not holding my breath though, especially seeing as it's now March....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Peak Download Speed

Hey there Danmac,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting, I appreciate this is frustrating.

I have checked your connection and I can see the fault in your area under ref: F003803786 which is due for review on the 29th March.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this fault is causing. Please keep in touch with us and bump your post on or after the review date for an update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Danmac
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather_J, 

Thanks for the reply. Over three months to fix a fault seems a bit excessive to me. Are you able to apply credit to my account for this inconvenience? I'm getting a bit sick of having to contact you every month to convince someone to do this.. i also don't think £6 is sufficient. I have paid for some streaming services the last couple of months and they have been virtually unwatchable due to the poor performance.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Danmac
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmm.. looks to me like you're just over subscribing your network. If the following article's anything to go by... How about taking care of your existing customers before finding new ones! https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/22/virgin-media-fibre-broadband/

I see the dates for the "speed upgrade" i mentioned in my first post have now changed to "between May 2017 and July 2017".

:-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danmac,

Thanks for replying to my PM Smiley Happy

I've now passed your details over to a team who will provide updates on the fault. They should be in touch, via PM, within a few days.

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team

cabledan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3 months im on 5 1/2 years and still do not have a working phone line dont even start me on the poor download speeds i pay for 200mb could not even stream bbc iplayer last night
0 Kudos