Menu
adamski12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Evening and Weekends

Ive rang various times about my poor evening speeds. When I ring get told will boost the speed to my router and I seem to hit 14-16m for a few days and then I'm back at square 1.

As the days go by my speeds are getting less and less, I'm paying for a 70meg service and in the evening I'm getting 1-2meg. This is shocking!!! daytime I'm getting 30-40meg.

I pay for amazon prime but can forget about streaming anything in the evening.

I get told no fault in my area and really don't want to ring everyweek and waste my time and money to get nowhere.

I should be due some sort of compensation as your not delivering nowhere near what I should get.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
adamski12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very Slow Evening and Weekends

If this carries on much longer will have to cancel my contract. Need Internet for my business. Having to connect my laptop to my mobile and use all my free data up. Complete joke this!!

Can someone from virgin media let me know what's going on.

0 Kudos

All Replies
adamski12
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Now I have zero speed flashing green arrow all day.
0 Kudos
adamski12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If this carries on much longer will have to cancel my contract. Need Internet for my business. Having to connect my laptop to my mobile and use all my free data up. Complete joke this!!

Can someone from virgin media let me know what's going on.

0 Kudos
Bandit1294
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi what part of the country you in some area's are having overutilization issues

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi adamski12, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there are a few things going on here. 

Firstly it seems there is a little bit of trouble with slow speeds on the up-streams during peak times. I have raised this to networks and will let you know as soon as I know more. 

Secondly it seems that your your upstream power levels are a little on the high side. I would like to get an engineer out to get this corrected for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos