Menu
Packets
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow 200Mbps Gamer!

So back in October i signed up to the Gamer package for 200Mbps down and 20Up & honestly all was working well until about 3 weeks ago when the service went down for around 2 days so called VM and apparently it was a network fault and i had a credit applied. 

Since then i have had speeds of around 10Mbps after around 7:00PM and it gets worse as the night goes on.

I have called and they have applied a credit to my account but how long is this going to take to be fixed? as it hasn't improved at all.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow 200Mbps Gamer!

I would ring them as it takes 2-3 weeks for a super whooosh DOCSIS® 3 tech answer from the VM team here. Ask if your area has a high utilisation, they take it to heart if you ask them the truth and use the term "oversubscribed" lol

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
152mbiwish
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi

I have a Very Slow 152Mbps most days lucky to get 10Mbps I can no longer play my game in competitive as I lose connection too often. after trying to speak to customer service who I find are useless as they tell me its because they are in the process of giving me a free upgrade to 200Mbps and this is whats causing my poor connection speed. I told them its been like this for over 3 moths. no credits for the inconvenience or failure to deliver the service I pay for. I am already thinking that I cant wait till my contracts up. also they been promising this upgrade since june 2016.

all you get from customer service is told to reboot and wait ( like we don't try that before ringing them)

I really don't hold out any hope of this getting sorted anytime soon.

the wireless signal on my super hub 2 is also rubbish

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

152mbiwish wrote:

hi

I have a Very Slow 152Mbps most days lucky to get 10Mbps I can no longer play my game in competitive as I lose connection too often. after trying to speak to customer service who I find are useless as they tell me its because they are in the process of giving me a free upgrade to 200Mbps and this is whats causing my poor connection speed. I told them its been like this for over 3 moths. no credits for the inconvenience or failure to deliver the service I pay for. I am already thinking that I cant wait till my contracts up. also they been promising this upgrade since june 2016.

all you get from customer service is told to reboot and wait ( like we don't try that before ringing them)

I really don't hold out any hope of this getting sorted anytime soon.

the wireless signal on my super hub 2 is also rubbish

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Packets, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have tried to take a look but I am unable to locate your connection details. I will pop you a PM to get some more information and we will take it from there. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos