Menu
Gareth_P
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Very Poor Speed Area 22: Wendover HP22.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else in my area is suffering from really poor broadband speed? I joined on a Vivid 200 Gamer tariff on the 30 Nov 16, and have only ever had a top speed of 40 Mbps, with it sitting at 20 mbps the majority of the time.

Not impressed so far, and following being cut off by customer services twice when asking about porting my number on day one, seriously considering if I made the correct choice. Failing Openreach infrastructure being the main push to move to Virgin Media with their own lines etc, seems this area is very much oversubscribed and not coping, as no faults show up on the system tests.

I don't mind paying a premium for a service but this one doesn't seem to work, therefore I'm thinking of ending it, as it is not as sold or advertised.

Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Poor Speed Area 22: Wendover HP22.

Hi I'm in Tring area,

paying for 100mb but since I joined a week ago getting speeds of 2mb at peak, there seems to be a problem from their Hemel server As with numourous posts but virgin don't seem to be fixing it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Gareth_P,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please?

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just at certain times?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gareth_P
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L,

All test locally have proved my equipment is ok, it's your network that has the issue.  I now have a credit applied to my account and my second engineer visit is booked for tomorrow.  My option to leave is still valid having been extended by the network team (availability of engineer to make repair in time) I'm now waiting on the results of tomorrow's visit, so we wait and see.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon Gareth_P,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm glad you have called through to us to arrange an engineer appointment to check this over, that's great.

Let us know how the visit goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nixntlworld
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Tring too with precisely the same issues. Very slow (Ookla sometimes reports less than 1mb) every evening for several weeks.

Tried to ring and ask about it 3 times this evening, but eventually i get cut off. I tried to use on-line chat but it always says they are busy so try later.

At least no-one told me that my call was iportant to them. That is probably the most annoying message from a company who don't employ enough staff in customer services.

I see other peole with similar messages here, but in different parts of England, being told that there will be a review in Feb 2017. So presumably weeks more of this non-service. Please tell me Virgin, "Why doesn't my bill get cut automatically when service is substandard?" and "How can I contact you when you don't answer the phone or let me connect to Chat online".

0 Kudos
Welshy213
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HP3 here
Exactly the same, however I have tried to get through to support 3x15mijute calls and each one disconnected after 15 minutes.
I only had the package installed yesterday, why did I move from sky.
There must be a problem in this area, either someone is lying re over utilisation or there is a problem they can't or won't fix.
0 Kudos
Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

iv been informed by senior members of virgin media that the issue will be sorted by then of of this year!,

it was scheduled to be fixed march 2017 but due to complaints they have brought it forward, the problem lies from the exchange/terminal in Hemel, the land required to fix the issue has now been brought lets see if virgin will keep their promise for the end of the year.

Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

can someone from the virgin team add comment to make sure this is still going ahead as planned?

0 Kudos
Welshy213
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Got an engineer coming out on Tuesday.
Again told by Swansea nothing wrong.
Did you see the article in the paper
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/stalbans/14827198._They_are_treating_customers_like_fools____Virgin...
0 Kudos