Menu
RobS-UK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Variable evening speeds - BS7

Unsurprisingly as the university term has just started again the speeds around here are all over the place in the evening. If I'm lucky it'll hover between 5-10Mbps but it's frequently been down to 0-3. Lowest recorded on a speed test was 230kbps. 

I'm confident this is a utilisation issue as if I run a speed test anytime before about 4pm I'm getting a solid 52 down 3 up. 

This seems to be an annual cat and mouse issue around here - just when we think things are better it all drops off again  

I'd greatly appreciate if someone from the forum team can check the connection and issue the fault number so I can speak to customer services about it...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Variable evening speeds - BS7

Hi RobS-UK

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing the slow speeds that you are experiencing. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004088639 and with a review date of 9th November.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bagpussruth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Again we have the same issue... will there be a reduction in bill due to the lack of service? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bagpussruth, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have popped a reply to you here :

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/BRISTOL-BS7-Slow-speeds-during-peak-hours/m-p/3229541#M132...

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RobS-UK
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi forum team,

The review date has now come around and as things are not much better, I presume has been pushed back further.

Are you able to check up on this and give some further information on progress, and follow up again as you did last time?

Thanks.
0 Kudos