g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VM has excelled themselves now

0.03.JPG

0.9.JPG

Capture.JPG

200Meg service, getting the above speeds, there must be something I can do to bin this service and go and find someone else?

0 Kudos
Jeza
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM has excelled themselves now

There is, search online for another provider that will give you what you require. Get said service installed and then downgrade your VM connection to the absolute minimum until your contract is out, then cancel.
0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just looking at my contract and it says I have bought 200 Mbs service, nothing about up to or anything else similar to that, so based on these speeds I should be able to get it cancelled as their side says 200mb not less than 1mbs of that

Only went with them cos the cabling was in rather than having someone put another phone line in, live and learn I guess

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it will say upto somewhere its in the terms. but with speeds like that you should have no problem cancelling if they can't fix it fast. you have to give them a chance to fix it though but if they can't after about a month cancel.
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Contract says nothing about "up to" or anything about not getting the service I paid for, so ultimately I dont think there is much room for VM to Manouvre on this one tbh
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You will have no issue leaving at all with those speeds.

Also I know all Broadband is Up to but really the way Virgins broadband is delivered there is no excuse as they don't have the copper wire issue with distance from the green cab or anything like that.

P14B
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes you can cancel if they do not provide you with the service you pay for (within reason!!!) 

or

Like me you can learn the hard way, i was getting the stupidly low speeds(2mbs avg), complained and stupidly paid extra for 100mbs (from 70mbs) I was told (as they do to everyone) that there is a upgrade/fault or BS story in your area and give you a fix date (normal within 6months) 

Anyway after i paid extra for the 100mbs all was not fixed but it was usable at first getting 14mbs avg, after a month my service was back to sh@t again, Virgin never answered there phones, you get the odd MODs on here feeding you some cr@p, and here i am 6 months on still paying for this sh@t, my fix date is tomorrow the 28th Dec 2016 (so i'm led to believe) if i was in your shoes i would get the BS fix date!! say goodbye and try again after the fix date. as 0.03mbs is not rock bottom yet with Virgin. 

And remember all the time this problem is not fixed, Virgin will still sell to new people telling them all is great!! and adding them to your area. 

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to Customer services today, and then disconnections, was told that there was a planned fix 11th Jan, they would allow me to leave with no cost now if I wanted but as 11th Jan was only a couple of weeks away I have decided to wait till then.

I have been assured that I will still be able to leave at no cost if the 11th doesn't bring the promised improvements. Guess I have to wait and see now.

Think what has annoyed me more than anything else is that I was sold this supposed 200meg connection and they were aware of the problem, initially came to light in March this year.

According to the Disconnections woman, the sales people aren't told of any probvlems which I guess indemnifies them from any kind of problem later on.

Still feel that this should be something that all companies should have to disclose, wouldn't buy a car only to find it didn't work and it be acceptable, why is it acceptable in this case ?

0 Kudos
P14B
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

First of all i hope yours gets sorted and true its not that long of a wait in the world of VM.

But as i said i'v waited for 7months in total now , and i have just got off the phone with a manager at Virgin at 16.07 today, and my fix date of 28th dec (tomorrow) has now been put back to 18th Jan next year, what a BS Joke Virgin is!! my speed is 5.47mbs max today and i keep getting thrown out the server so router has had about 10 disconnections already today.

Anyway i'm totally fed up with being fed this cr@p all the time, its also funny how they took a payment out on the 20th before putting back the repair date, so called on the 22/23rd. 

Thx paul

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Paul

Go to http://www.resolver.co.uk/ use their make a complaint they will keep all details online, send an email to VM, I did this and I got a call from their complaints dept the next day along with the promise that I can leave with no early termination charge..... Cant hurt to give it a go
0 Kudos