Menu
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM Bribery??

Hi all,

Just a quick update. VM phoned today & my nephew was here today checking my connection & answered the call. Was offered the same package which is the 100mb deal for £40.00 for a new 1 year contract (the contract wasn't mentioned until my nephew ask if there would be another one) to which my nephew declined on my behalf. He was then told about the number of times credit had been added to my account for all the issues I have been having over the months to which he told the VM staff that "my uncle has only ever had one credit of £9.60 that was added to his account only last week". Another complete & utter lie & from on-shore VMstaff. None of this so called history of credits except the one last week has ever showed up on my bills because I've never been offered any as compensation or otherwise. I seriously thank my nephew completely for being here when needed as it just goes to show how low VM will stoop to get their hands on your money. Especially being deaf & not being able to communicate with them as they know I am deaf but completely ignore that fact they would also ignore any other plea/demand to fix any issue anyone has had or is having. Why would they wish to make ammends when there is our money steal? Why hadn't anyone from any department offered any real support for the issues I have been having since being a customer for 3 years? because there is no money in it. My connection terminates around the 6th of February thanks to my nephew. Goodbye virginmedia you will never learn as you have no conscience at all.

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Bribery??

They are an absolute joke with one dishonest tactic after another

Someone will be along shortly to tell you its just the offshore call centre that are dodgy. Another good one that gets thrown around is virgins 5million customers can't all have problems where not daft we know that but they do need to support the ones that do have problems.
Its pretty obvious they cant deal with all the complaints with customers being cut off the 150, no real info about faults, the fiddling with fault codes etc etc the list goes on..
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the support is part & parcel of the scam. & the responses from fake accounts created by yet claim under their username that they don't work for nor are affiliated with VM says it all. About as useful as a chocolate fireguard. This is something my nephew pointed out to me when i first joined this forum/comminity. He said all forums have them & their aim is to give the idea that something is being done when it actually isn't.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SiKi wrote:
They are an absolute joke with one dishonest tactic after another

Someone will be along shortly to tell you its just the offshore call centre that are dodgy. Another good one that gets thrown around is virgins 5million customers can't all have problems where not daft we know that but they do need to support the ones that do have problems.
Its pretty obvious they cant deal with all the complaints with customers being cut off the 150, no real info about faults, the fiddling with fault codes etc etc the list goes on..

Offshore is a big problem Smiley Wink Its bad enough having internet issues, but then being lied to about them? "you will get a call back" "you will get monthly credit (that you don't need to ring up for" "it will be fixed on X date" "Its because you have the wrong wireless settings (to a Ethernet cable user". The list truely does go on.

I just really detest the way customers get treated from some avenues, and I see offshore as the outlet for the majority of the bad customer service.

As to supporting the customers with issues, it is happening, albeit slowly. This isn't some quick flick a switch and its fixed job though, and its not just a small undertaking for them. There are many locations with issues, and a limited amount of network engineers/workers who can fix them. Couple that with the time it takes for gaining permission + acquiring the necessary parts for each location (each location will have different needs, and different parts) is why it takes time. Yes Liberty Global could pump more money into gaining more engineers that can go out and build the new cabs etc, but they have their profit margin that they will be looking at. And even then if they don't have the right parts for each locations / the permissions to dig up roads etc, it still wouldn't get fixed.

georgedrabble wrote:

Yes the support is part & parcel of the scam. & the responses from fake accounts created by yet claim under their username that they don't work for nor are affiliated with VM says it all.

Blergh can't get the quote to work properly. All bar one of the Superusers do not work for VM (I believe its just the one), heck I've nothing to hide and I personally work for The Co-op (woo Smiley Happy - Although i've been sold to McColls). We mark our posts saying we do not work for VM so customers do not get confused and see us as staff when we are not. We are all real people. From a personal point of view I post here 'probably' because of retail making you always talk to customers (and I enjoy it). However i'm currently sat playing Overwatch and posting between rounds / games.

We can help with some problems, we can advise with some problems. We cannot give fault codes etc, we cannot fix over utilization.

About as useful as a chocolate fireguard. This is something my nephew pointed out to me when i first joined this forum/comminity. He said all forums have them & their aim is to give the idea that something is being done when it actually isn't.

An opinion. The forum staff cannot fix over utilization, but they can give you a much more honest answer than you are likely to get from offshore. They can however get other issued diagnosed and solved, such are incorrect power levels (getting a tech booked), looking into SNR issues and raising them, getting new hubs or power supplies sent out when issues show they are clearly the faulty part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fair points made there Shafreya..

Just frustrating i have been waiting for a fix from 7 months now (fault is 13 months) they just declared a fictional fix and scrapped the fault code my connection is worse than ever.. not an ounce of improvement you would think with all the work you say i should see a little improvment even if its for a little time but nothing exactly the same.. so forgive me for not having the love for vm..lol