Menu
Highlighted
aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 300 Broadband

Hi,

I would like to ask/clarify if the new VIVID 300 broadband package is available yet?  I've seen the press release here and on the post on the Community Forum here.

I spoke to one advisor at Customer Services who quite happily upgraded me to 300mbps for £55.25 a month, I thought the price seemed high but didn't have the press release to hand which quotes £47.25.

Having checked the pricing I rang back to clarify the difference and ended up having a slightly heated discussion with another advisor who claimed the package wasn't for sale but could offer me a loyalty discount on the package that wasn't for sale to £52.25.

She also went on to claim that no press release had been issued and I was reading some speculation from another website.  In my opinion, very poor customer service and I've cancelled my upgrade for now until the news has filtered down the line a bit more.

I do understand that I'm leaping onto a very new package but the Postcode Checker for my area says I can get VIVID 300 as well.  I'm happy to pay an upgrade price but not one that is nearly over double the difference that an official press release quotes.  I currently pay £43.74 so the upgrade should be about £4 a month not £9 or £12 which makes a difference over the year.

Many Thanks,

aderrose.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VIVID 300 Broadband

I believe it's available from the 30th of this month

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

£60 a year, not per month for existing customers to upgrade. Which is £5 a month.

Dave.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I believe it's available from the 30th of this month

aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks did the quick reply 

wyndstryke
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Right now, homeworks is the only way to get to 300mb/s.   However when the new package launches on the 30th, 'vivid 300' will become available (does not include all the homeworks stuff, but does have the 300mb/s).

If I was you, I might be tempted to cancel the homeworks and wait for 2 days for Vivid300 to become available. Otherwise you're paying the higher price for no reason.

aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi wyndstryke,

I did cancel the upgrade after speaking to the less than helpful second advisor.

I'm not convinced it was Homeworks 300+ though as there was no mention of the engineer visit to tweak my network.

Anywho, I'm gonna wait for the 30th and see what happens.

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

hi

so i ring up this morning thursday 30.3.17 to get the 300mb and guess what they dont have a clue wat they r doing saying its not available in my area when 1 of my nieghbours have it i checked on the postcode checker and its available there aswell why advertise something that u dont have a clue about 

shamble of a service....

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
jommy999
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

maybe wait for few days till their CS catch up with all new update .

0 Kudos
aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I've rang up this morning and been able to place the order but I was told the headline price of £47.25 was only for new members and the actual price is £52.25.

I asked for the order to be held while the advisor checked with a manager if a discount could be applied as billing loyal customers £60 a year more is a bit harsh.  Nobody has rang back yet and I received an e-mail shortly after the call to say thank you for my order at £52.25 a month, so not overly happy and will be ringing back shortly to cancel my upgrade again.

I don't want to go elsewhere as nobody can get close to 300mbps (or even 200mbps).  Not long had BT Infinity available but that would cost more and be much slower.

0 Kudos
aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I think it all depends who you get on the phone, some seem totally plugged in and helpful, others are quite the opposite.

0 Kudos
Anwarga
Joining in
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

It's £47 on thier website
0 Kudos