Moved into my new place and had virgin superfast 300 installed.
Technician showed me 250mb down on speedtest and said it will adjust over the next few days and I will get maximum speed soon.
Moved in 3 days later, my Samsung 8+ phone clocked 254MB down on speedtest. Im fine with this.
However after setting up my PC and my powerline adaptors, I could only get maximum 90MB down on my PC. I have a external gigabyte ethernet adaptor so thats not the issue. My powerlines can handle 500mb down so that shouldnt be the issue either.
I tried restarting router but it literally took 15 mins and then I just got the same speeds.
The weird thing is that since this happened I can no longer get high speeds on my phone like I initially did. That is now not going over 90MB either...
I am really not sure what to do, anyone have any advice. I do not see the point in calling up tech support as its in India and from experience I can say trying to diagnose or fix anything that is not obvious with a call centre in India is incredibly painful and usually pointless.
I had ones that were limited to 100MB ethernet ports (even though they advertised as 500MB), I actually was getting 90MB out of them which is pretty decent.
I went and spent £100 on new ones with gigabit ethernet ports. They got 40 MB max lol. I asked on some networking forums and apparantly they very unpredictable and depend on your homes wiring. These ones worked on a different frequency or something which meant they were in fact worse for my home then my old ones....
I just bought a massive ethernet cable, but sadly I cannot seem to get a speedtest back over 210MB
I have to say as well, it almost feels like Virgin technical support is hidden. There is no option to actually talk to an advosr about this issue. I did speak to someone before who was very helpful, however I had to go through different options to actually get there.