Menu
nickb2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 gamer running very slow

hi, VIVID 200 Gamer was installed 2 days ago and so far my download speeds are ranging from 5meg to 30meg - not exaclty the 200meg i was sold.

these speeds are no different from the talktalk broadband i had previously.

please help ASAP

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 gamer running very slow

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

0 Kudos
nickb2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for the reply. i don't think i can do that but i am wireless and i am getting inconsistent results of 5meg to 30meg. i was lead to believe that i would get consistently super fast broadband and it's not happening. everything is wireless these days so why would i hard wire anything? i would need to run a cable between two rooms

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickb2, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your VIVID 200 gamer package being slow, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here for you and I can see a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

With regards to the wireless side of things, you can try changing some of your Hubs wireless channels to see if that helps stabilise wireless performance.

Also here's some great information on getting the best wireless networking signal, hope this information helps.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos