Menu
frowner391
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 SPEED

Hi, i have just upgraded from 150mb broadband to 200 mb and also a V6 box. The V6 box is a vast improvement over the old tivo but the 200mb broadband with the superhub is just terrible. At best i am getting around 90mb but at worst about 30mb with a wired connection from my pc directly into the superhub, wireless is even worse. With my 150mb connection and superhub 2 i was always getting over 140 mb, i was even getting over a 100mb on my Iphone.

After spending over 2 hours on the phone to tech support an engineer came out today, he did various checks in and outside the house and changed some connections in the box down the road(I was in work at the time but my wife was present), he hooked up his laptop to the superhub and said the download speed was over 200mb!, i then spoke to him on the phone and suggested he did a speed test on my pc, the max speed turned out to be about 50mb, the engineer said it must be a fault with my pc..

When i got home from work i hooked up my own laptop to the superhub and tested myself, low and behold the speed was never above 80 mb!!

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for my next move

Regards 

David

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 SPEED

Does the laptop you used to test have the capability to achieve 200mb?  Does it have a Gigabit ethenet port?

0 Kudos
frowner391
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 SPEED

Hi, thanks for the reply, i presume it has Gigabit ethenet port, its a 3 year old Macbook Pro. I still dont understand why my pc has poor download speeds as its a top spec pc that is less than 6 months old

0 Kudos