Menu
dg4da4eva
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 Optical Fibre slow speeds

Hi 

I recently changed from Sky to Virgin because Virgin are supposed to have better Internet speeds up to 4 x faster is being advertised however during peak times I'm getting between 10 & 50 Mbps which isn't anywhere near what I'm paying for. However the biggest problem I'm having is that the connection is so unstable I'm constantly losing connection with game servers during weekdays after 16:00.

I phoned up last week and had an engineer come out Thursday he couldn't find a problem with the line feeding my property or my setup & when he ran a speed test he got 216.99 Mbps however he ran that test @ 13:55 in the afternoon which was not during peak time.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Optical Fibre slow speeds

Hey there dg4da4eva,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're experiencing, I appreciate this is frustrating. I've tried to investigate but I can't seem to find your account info. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your name and address, so I can assist further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again dg4da4eva,

Thanks for confirming your details via PM Smiley Happy

I've managed to check your connection and I'm sorry to report that we've got an open fault in your area that is responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F004057868, to resolve this fault we will need to carry out network upgrades.

Please accept my apologies for this and let me know if you've got any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dg4da4eva
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

Thank you for investigating this for me.

Is there any plans at the moment to upgrade the network in my area?

Cheers

Dave

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath mate. : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-Speeds-B45/m-p/3205679#M129232

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos