Menu
Alif95
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 Optical Fibre - But my speed barely reach 30mbps

For the past 3 weeks, my internet download speed barely get higher then 30mbps and my upload speed is average 15mbps. This happen regardless of peak time or non-peak time. I also cannot play online games such as Dota 2 or Overwatch due to constant PING spikes from average 35 ms( which is good) then suddenly spikes to 200ms~2000ms!!!

0 Kudos
tsumannai
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Optical Fibre - But my speed barely reach 30mbps

Unless its a technical fault of your equipment, virgin will probably not fix it. If's an area fault then it will be fixed in an undefined amount of time. (Read my first post)

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/im-not-getting-the-broadband-speed-i-was-promised-what...)

Virgin media aren't obliged to help you unless there's an actual outage.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Alif95,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low.

With the speed tests you completed were they through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please?

In regards to the high pings, are you able to post the results for us to take a look at? Is the device connected through wireless?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Alif95
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Im using wireless connection. Im afraid i cant test it out with wire connection as i dont have the wire port.

Currenlty, the ping issue has stopped, and i dont have problem playing online games anymore. However, the download speed remain the same. Attached is speedtest i just done.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortuneatly without wired comparisons this will get chalked up to wireless, and the capabilities of your wireless tech/environment.

Wired = speed/stability
Wireless = convienience, along with drawbacks most convienience tools have.

There are Ethernet to USB ports which you can buy to use (unless you are using iPads etc to test (although you could technically go Ethernet to USB -> USB to lightning, although not sure if that will work))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos