Menu
Maslinr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 Gamer

Please can someone there look into my connection speed. I cant remember the last time i got speeds of 200mb. The majority of the time all i get is around 50mb. I am paying for a service that i am not getting ?

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Gamer

I feel your pain, literally.  In fact, probably most of the posters on this forum do too.

If i were you, i would start collecting speedtest results plus records of any contact with VM support staff and then send it all off to OFCOM/CISAS.  If you look at some of the explanations of over-utilisation that the mods on here are being told to post, including things like "a high peak time traffic fault in your area", which effectively means that they have sold more subscriptions than the infrastructure can reasonably support, you will see that VM currently appear to be in denial and getting very rich, at our expense, at the same time.

If enough people complain then maybe a swift "kick up the proverbial", in the form of a sizeable compensation payout, might shake them out of that state and we might see some positive action.

However, i'm not holding my breath, so my email to CICAS will probably be preceded by a switch to another provider.  Otherwise, it might take two days for the email to arrive with them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Gamer

Hi Maslinr,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and everything is looking quite healthy at the moment. All of your levels are within spec and there are no network issues in your area.

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

Can you perform a speed test with a wired connection and the hub in Modem Mode? Once you've done that, post the results and let me know.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos