Menu
economikz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 Gamer package SERIOUSLY SLOW

So I got switched to the 200 vivid gamer package 2 weeks ago, everything was ok until now? I'm getting just under 5mbs **bleep** how can this be acceptable

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6031144979

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Gamer package SERIOUSLY SLOW

put quite simply, it's not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its called high utilisation, no doubt your area will be heavily oversubscribed. This is happening to practically all Virgin media areas yet they still sell their product to customers in these affected areas.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi economikz, 

Thanks for letting us know about your slow speeds on your gamer package, I offer my apologies for any troubles incurred.

I have tested your connection from this side and I noticed that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. 

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is 

F005008070 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the middle of April. Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, one of my colleagues will be along with some more information.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos