Menu
CeeJay42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V poor download speeds 20K (yes K) to 1.5Mbps

I seem to be having v slow download speeds for much of the day and always during peak periods (all evening). Upload speed is consistent and good at 5Mbps+, Download speeds are mostly 20K-1.5M. This morning I was getting 75Mbps for a while which suggests it may be contention, but I am not sure.

I use the SuperHub as a cable modem only and the results are the same if I connect directly via laptop (i.e. not use any part of the house network) to port 1.

This use to be a consistently good service but post my "Speed Boost" it has been unusable for much of the time. 

Defaulted router a couple of times and tried it via SuperHub WiFi but no difference.

If this is "Speed Boost" related, can I be un-boosted I wonder. Things were great when I was on 20 and then 30M!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V poor download speeds 20K (yes K) to 1.5Mbps

Hello CeeJay42

Sorry you are experiencing slow speeds, area traffic is low so it does not look to be that however your line/hub downstream power levels are too low and also the SNR:-

-9.5 dBmV        -9.9 dBmV        -9.1 dBmV        -8.5 dBmV        -8.3 dBmV        -9 dBmV        -8.9 dBmV        -8.9 dBmV
        35.2 dB        34.3 dB        34.9 dB        35.2 dB        33.8 dB        33.3 dB        33.9 dB        33.5 dB

this may cause problems so best to let one of our engineers take a look please, I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos