Menu
shorty46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Utterly disgraceful service

Area 31 download speeds at less than 1% of what I am supposed to get - VM were doing so well they had almost won me back over - this is a new low though

0 Kudos
thebishop84
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utterly disgraceful service

You will only achieve a higher download speed if you are using router - PC via a cable.

Speeds over WiFi will only be a fraction of cable speed and that may vary depending on the age, quality & positioning of the router.

Try running a cable between router & PC and doing a speed test for comparison.

0 Kudos
shorty46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That test was on a pc wired to the router, sub 1mb download speeds when paying for 100mb.

VM are con artists and should be ashamed of themselves.

If there was a viable alternative I would take the hit on the rest of my contract just to save my sanity, sadly, bt are just as bad, if not worse as they have failed to deliver infinity to city centre locations
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya shorty46,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. 

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I have run some tests on your line and it appears that you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003996410 and has a review date of 1st March 2017.

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just during peak hours?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos