Menu
Subnet_Zero
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Utilization Issues in BD12

Hi,

I pay for the 200Mb service but am barely getting 4Mb if I'm lucky.  Every time I go on the service status page and do some tests it tells me there is a fault and it should be fixed in 10 minutes.  This is obviously a lie.

I phoned 150 today to report this and was told there was a utilization problem in my area and it will be "fixed" in a month but they couldn't give me an exact date and wouldn't elaborate any more on the issue.

Can anyone give me a firm date for this to be fixed?

Wayne

0 Kudos
Rikd
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utilization Issues in BD12

Mines exactly the same mate. Literally just on the phone logging a complaint. I'd advise you do the same. Don't stop at Technical support, just tell them you want to log a complaint. Get through to Actual Customer service.

They've been telling me the same stuff since about April. It's a joke. Fed up with it.

Infact, i've just told the person on the phone you are having the same issues in the same area and she's getting someone who actually knows whats going on to phone me at some point.

0 Kudos
wozzack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree its a complete joke, I'm in BD14 paying for 150Mb and getting less than 10 every evening (been promising an upgrade to 200Mb for over a year now and date keeps going back)

This very poor performance coupled with rubbish Tivo performance since the so called update has me looking at alternatives and seriously thinking of going to Sky Q. The only downside is Sky broadband is currently only 38Mb so I'd probably have to go BT, that said 38Mb consistently is way better than Virgin's current performance!

0 Kudos
Rikd
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well Surprise Surprise, no one has actually called me back. 

I'll be cancelling the direct debit. Bet they'll have time to ring me then.

0 Kudos
Subnet_Zero
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nobody from Virgin Media replying to this thread?  

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's taking Virgin a long time to reply at present, it seems to be 10-14 days before a reply for most people.

wozzack wrote:

Totally agree its a complete joke, I'm in BD14 paying for 150Mb and getting less than 10 every evening (been promising an upgrade to 200Mb for over a year now and date keeps going back)

This very poor performance coupled with rubbish Tivo performance since the so called update has me looking at alternatives and seriously thinking of going to Sky Q. The only downside is Sky broadband is currently only 38Mb so I'd probably have to go BT, that said 38Mb consistently is way better than Virgin's current performance!

Sky have a 76Mb service called Sky Fibre Max but currently they don't have a 52Mb package like BT.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection and can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003605502 and with a review date of 21st December.

These faults will have review dates due to the work that is required which can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another user suffering with this issue in BD12 since last Spring. Latest review date I was given was April 2017. That will be nigh on a year suffering with shocking speeds to what I am supposed to be getting. 

0 Kudos
SirGravity
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I hate to say "me too" but there it is. Last time I got a reliable speed was over Christmas ... but I was at Mum's in Nottingham!

0 Kudos