Menu
mrpops2ko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Utilisation issues DN15

Hello, wanted to mentioned that i'm noticing quite a lot of issues at peak times. Speeds going to sub 10mbps. 

This isn't an issue outside of peak times though, and I get the full 330/21. Purely during peak times. 

Could we maybe get the ball rolling with reporting this, knowing Virgin Media problem solving, it might get resolved by 2020.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
mrpops2ko
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Utilisation issues DN15

Figured this out. It wasn't congestion in my area, but specifically when my traffic hits London.

I use a VPN and the traffic on VMs lines to London is really bad during peak times.

My solution instead was to create multiple vpn routes, and go through a different country first and then back into London as my exit node. This resulted in the full 330/21 speeds, even during peak times. Unfortunately this added 20ms additional latency but that trade off is well worth the added full bandwidth. I was getting between 3mbps to 20 mbps at peak times. Full speeds during non-peak times though. Now I get full speeds constantly. 

Seems quite clearly to be a capacity issue. 

So yeah, London is congested at peak times with VM. You can close this topic as i've resolved the issue myself. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
mrpops2ko
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Utilisation issues DN15

Figured this out. It wasn't congestion in my area, but specifically when my traffic hits London.

I use a VPN and the traffic on VMs lines to London is really bad during peak times.

My solution instead was to create multiple vpn routes, and go through a different country first and then back into London as my exit node. This resulted in the full 330/21 speeds, even during peak times. Unfortunately this added 20ms additional latency but that trade off is well worth the added full bandwidth. I was getting between 3mbps to 20 mbps at peak times. Full speeds during non-peak times though. Now I get full speeds constantly. 

Seems quite clearly to be a capacity issue. 

So yeah, London is congested at peak times with VM. You can close this topic as i've resolved the issue myself. 

0 Kudos