Menu
coastal
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Utilisation issue in the Epsom area

I understand there's a utilisation issue in the Epsom area - it's certainly affecting me: KT18 7SZ.

Can the virgin staff some information about it - a job reference and an expected fix date would be gratefully received.

Currently download speeds drop to 2-3Mb in the evening, even less - to the point where you can't watch youtube on a low setting. Then they flip back up to 25+ after midnight. Unfortunately I'm in bed by that time and unable to joy the sudden splurge of pipe available.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Utilisation issue in the Epsom area

Hi Coastal,

Apologies for the late reply. I've got the fault reference for you. It's F002736322 and the current estimated fix time is 28/01/15. The latest update was just under a week ago, which shows the delay is caused by local electrical issues. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Barnsey100
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm a fellow sufferer of appalling download speeds in the Epsom area! Barely managing to get 3Mb, totally useless service and a waste of money. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

will be a few days for the forum admin to reply, if you check via -> https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status does it show the fault..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ollygd
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The service status page may not show utilization problems.

I live in area 15 which as had fault F001865372 for months and months. I got 0.002mpbs down on my connection at one point last night.

If I check Area 15 on the service status page - there is no mention of this.

0 Kudos
coastal
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, only a fault with virgin mail.

I've been told via a PM from Virgin staff that there this utilisation fault but so far no estimate or when it'll be fixed.

0 Kudos
coastal
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bump, could we have a job reference and time frame for the high utilisation error at Epsom please?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Coastal,

Apologies for the late reply. I've got the fault reference for you. It's F002736322 and the current estimated fix time is 28/01/15. The latest update was just under a week ago, which shows the delay is caused by local electrical issues. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
afcwomblelong
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wow this problem has been around for ages. This fault has changed date many times, the latest was from 4-3-15 to 10-3-15 for a fix.
Believe it if you will. Epsom area is not a good reliable connection if your on virgin. If you want to have a look at all my communication with virgin have a look on my twitter. https://twitter.com/afcwomblelong/status/573103361987387392
0 Kudos
afcwomblelong
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that the issue has been fixed. Let's hope the engines can take warp speed now.image.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi afcwomblelong,

Glad to hear it, let us know if you're having any trouble attaining warp speed Smiley Wink

Kev

0 Kudos