Menu
andyeddleston
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Utilisation issue area 20 BR3

My download speeds are incredibly poor due to over utilisation. Surely Virgin Media should agree and lay new fibre before signing up new customers. We've been dealing with 5Mb speeds on a 50/100 Mb service since May 2014. The fix date is currently mid October but I've been given 3 fix dates previously which haven't materialized. I've clearly been paying for a service that can't be delivered. Good business practice? another missed fixed date and I'm afraid I'll be shifting TV, broadband and phone elsewhere. Could you provide another update and also how Virgin Media would address the issue of not being able to deliver a service that has been paid for over the past 5 months?

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utilisation issue area 20 BR3

Hi Andy, 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been getting with the broadband speed being slow apologies for any inconvenience caused, I can only imagine how annoying this must be for you.

I've tried the connection for you and all looks good, no errors or any thing else that raises cause for concern.

I did notice that we are planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area, the upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during peak hours, the reference number is F003289196 and is coming up for review on 07/10/15. For any further updates on this ticket just post back here closer to the date with the reference number and we'll gladly take a look for you.

For any queries in regards to credits for this issue please call our customer service team on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andyeddleston
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to update we are still getting incredibly low speeds and VM has confirmed its still the high utilisation issue. It's now been an issue for 8 months and the latest fix date of 27th December has been missed again. Unfortunately it looks like we'll be switching providers in January. What's the latest fix date just out of interest?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyeddleston,

Sorry to hear you're still getting poor speeds. I've checked on fault F003289196 and the next review date is 25/05/16. There have been numerous works carried out on this fault but each addition of capacity has still not brought the contention below thresholds so more work has been planned. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
andyeddleston
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update John.

Unfortunatley we've cancelled the service. We've been pretty patient waiting for 6 months given that the speed was good up to that point but unfortunatley we need a higher broadband speed and its not been improving.

Thanks,
Andy
andyward1983
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"I did notice that we are planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area, the upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during peak hours, the reference number is F003289196 and is coming up for review on 07/10/15. For any further updates on this ticket just post back here closer to the date with the reference number and we'll gladly take a look for you."

Is there an update to this? I am considering leaving BT and joining VM but all information I've seen on here regarding postcode BR3 is dissuading me.

0 Kudos