Menu
T3rryB
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Utilisation Issues

OK so since January 2016 I have had broadband utilisation Issues on my virgin media BB connection. 5pm rolls around and my Internet drops to 0.25mbps and averages between this and 1mbps until midnight when I get 50mbps back that I pay for.
Initially I logged it with VM to be told the line needed to be updated to allow a better connection into your area. This would be done in just over a month. So I put up with it and it continued right upto now where end April is my latest fix date.
I have only had recompense for 3 months out of all this time and that was because I phoned and asked for it.
JANUARY 2017 I asked for a line upgrade and package upgrade free of charge as recompense for the year of poor network I have had to deal with (2 teenage sons not being able to online game, there world has fallen apart lol). Was told they couldn't do anything without charging me.

I've been with virgin for 15 years etc and this is appalling service.

ASKING for opinions on what I should do? Ditch VM as the kit they provide isn't sufficient to do the job and there infrastructure is in a poor state or stick and see what happens. I was waiting till the resolution before compiling a complaint to them but I got a feeling it will fall on deaf ears as they don't seem to get it or actually give a ####.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utilisation Issues

Personally I'd dump them. If you can get a half decent service from elsewhere it has to be better than the peak time speeds you get now.

If you upgrade to a higher speed package it won't be any better at peak times, it's still being delivered by the same kit.  It's not uncommon for utilisation faults to go on for over two years. The dates they give are not fix dates, they're review dates, so don't be surprised if April comes and goes without resolution.

Most providers will give you a estimate of what you can expect to get and a minimum speed based on your line.

Dave.

0 Kudos