Menu
Paul_Hazell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Utilisation Issue

I've just had the most bizarre conversation with one of the Virgin Technical Team. A few weeks ago our broadband speed fell through the floor from the 200mbps service we should have. Typically speeds are around 5 to 8mbps at peak times. As a result our Virgin tv service is affected and on-demand programmes are a problem. We have had an engineer around to check the equipment but he said it was a fault with the network which was being worked on. Yesterday we got a text from Virgin to say the fault has been fixed. However, nothing has changed at our end. I have just phoned the Technical Team and they told me there is also a utilisation fault which won't be fixed until the end of February next year. At first I thought something had got lost in translation, but he confirmed that February was correct. Quite unbelievable.

Helpful Answers
deividuska
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Utilisation Issue

I living in Bradford area 14 and i have the same issue like yours.

I am virgin media customer nearly for 11 years never had issues like this.And now from nowhere i been told by so called "support" my internet speed is so slow because line have over utilisation and they have to put new cables,because is a lot new customers bla bla bla so on....I don't understand why old customers have to suffer??

Most annoying thing is what so called "support" one day they telling you issue will be fixed next week,next day they telling me it will be fixed end of December! it just ridicules!!!

How they even can charge me for internet speed like this Smiley Very Happy i supposed to have up to 150mb download speed Smiley Very Happy.People 1990 had better speeds Smiley Very Happy

5791367029.png

Unfortunately i have to start looking for different internet supplier because virgin media it's just a joke!

I can't even get simple answer from support when issue with line will be fixed.

Spitfire16
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul

The call centre like to give dates to us as a fix date.

The forum team give the same dates as a review dates as it will get pushed back

Congestion faults typically get fixed between 1-2 years
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't expect it to be fixed in February. The phone staff will make it sound like a guaranteed fix date but it's actuually just a 'review date' and very often it will be pushed back. I have a utilisation fault which began in January 2015 and now (22 months later) nothing has been done.

On 22nd February you will just get a new date.

All Replies
Wakey
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

See my post. I am a brand new customer, missold a connection I would be told would always be much faster than my BT. It too has utilisation, so I am cancelling tomorrow.

deividuska
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I living in Bradford area 14 and i have the same issue like yours.

I am virgin media customer nearly for 11 years never had issues like this.And now from nowhere i been told by so called "support" my internet speed is so slow because line have over utilisation and they have to put new cables,because is a lot new customers bla bla bla so on....I don't understand why old customers have to suffer??

Most annoying thing is what so called "support" one day they telling you issue will be fixed next week,next day they telling me it will be fixed end of December! it just ridicules!!!

How they even can charge me for internet speed like this Smiley Very Happy i supposed to have up to 150mb download speed Smiley Very Happy.People 1990 had better speeds Smiley Very Happy

5791367029.png

Unfortunately i have to start looking for different internet supplier because virgin media it's just a joke!

I can't even get simple answer from support when issue with line will be fixed.

Spitfire16
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul

The call centre like to give dates to us as a fix date.

The forum team give the same dates as a review dates as it will get pushed back

Congestion faults typically get fixed between 1-2 years
Paul_Hazell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's really bad, overselling when you don't have the infrastructure to support it should be escalated to OFCOM. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Hazell
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, I've spoken to numerous people in Virgin, the upshot is that the overutilisation issue won't be fixed until 22nd February 2017 in area 31. Quite unbelievable really, 4 months with broadband speeds so poor as to make it unusable. The compensation for this is just £12 a month!

I'm really shocked that Virgin Media deem this acceptable.

cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't expect it to be fixed in February. The phone staff will make it sound like a guaranteed fix date but it's actuually just a 'review date' and very often it will be pushed back. I have a utilisation fault which began in January 2015 and now (22 months later) nothing has been done.

On 22nd February you will just get a new date.

vikk77
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem they keep rolling the fix date back. 

Then they will tell you it is fixed so they can close the fault.

Then low and behold there is a new fault in your area about two day later.

Paul_Hazell
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So,  an update on the over utilisation or rather over selling issue from our good friends Virgin Media. They have so far missed every date they have given for this so called magic upgrade. Now they are saying it will be some time this month. I just don't believe them anymore, I think it is just a ploy to try and keep an increasingly frustrated customer base by promising jam tomorrow. Time to move, any suggestions as to who to go to in the AL1 area?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul_Hazell,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F003980990) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 7th June. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM, which you can find by clicking on the purple envelope icon, in the right corner.

My apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos