Menu
Tcinnamon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Useless speed. Useless customer service

I have 100Mbps and can't ever get above 9/10Mbps. It's absya joke. No one can fix it and they are just plain refusing to help me. It's an absolute joke to them. Pathetic. All I want is an email address so I can escalate my problem and have it in writing as each time I phone it costs me money but they will not give me an email address. Virgin you are a bunch of thieves. I uphold my end of the contract by paying you every month and you break yours by not delivering the speed you agreed to provide me. I don't want to hear crap about high traffic times. Tuesday afternoon in a residential area is not a high traffic time. Plus Fibre means that there is no latency and means that it doesn't matter how many people are using the network as fibre provides a constant connection and speed. No one is fixing this after 4 months. **bleep**!!!!!! I want my money back you robbing thieving **bleep**s and I am switching to another network that works unless you fix your crap
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Useless speed. Useless customer service

how are you testing the speed?
Are you connecting wireless or wired?

And they supply upto speeds so legally they dont have to offer a maximum speed. It may be wrong but its still used from when DSL was upto speeds.
0 Kudos
Tcinnamon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've done speed tests both wired and wireless and it doesn't change. I'm just getting so frustrated that I'm trying to game and I keep getting kicked out because of poor speeds and no one seems to give a damn. Up to speeds I'm aware of the clause to protect but when you getting 10x lower than what you paying for it is a joke speaking to the "support" is a joke. I know more than them yet all they can do is test the line and ask me to switch it off and on as if I haven't tried that already. No one at VM even gives a damn. Now I just want my money back and I'll switch providers. Seems way to many people are having the same issue
0 Kudos
mojouk1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tcinnamon wrote:
I've done speed tests both wired and wireless and it doesn't change. I'm just getting so frustrated that I'm trying to game and I keep getting kicked out because of poor speeds and no one seems to give a damn. Up to speeds I'm aware of the clause to protect but when you getting 10x lower than what you paying for it is a joke speaking to the "support" is a joke. I know more than them yet all they can do is test the line and ask me to switch it off and on as if I haven't tried that already. No one at VM even gives a damn. Now I just want my money back and I'll switch providers. Seems way to many people are having the same issue

I think VM tech support gets their training from the IT Crowd. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8

0 Kudos
Tcinnamon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hahaha yeah they would have to be trained first but they just read a script. It's ridiculous. I even ran a test on the ofcom site and it was bad. Spent 42 minutes on the phone and no one could help. Now I'm taking to Facebook and twitter and will just keep blasting till they respond and sort it out. I'm not the only one this is affecting and I think it's wrong that we as customers get treated so poorly.
0 Kudos
Matt8655
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good luck, 3 months later no ones listening to me, BT here I come
"USUALLY HAS NO CLUE WHAT HES ON ABOUT BUT IS SO HAPPY TO BE HERE Smiley Happy"