Menu
badgerduck
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Upload issues

Hello

For the last couple of days have had zero upload speed (supposed to be 6Mb). Crashes the internet speed test sites or gives a socket error on the upload secton. I can't even send a text only email via a client half the time as it times out.

Have looked at the upstream power on the router and it's 55dBmV which is apparently outside the working range.

Called in a fault and have an engineer booked for Monday (which is pretty poor in itself as the service is unusable)

I have seen some chatter on a local facebook page that suggests it's not just me that's having this problem and also someone who had an engineer out and was told it's a capacity problem and won't be fixed till April.

If anyone from Virgin sees this can they comment please? If anyone else is having similar issues in the Twickenham area I'd be interested to know what you've been told.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Maroda90
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload issues

I'm in TW2 and have had constant upload speed issues since Sunday. I have not yet called them, as i haven't got the time for an hour phone call, but it's almost Thursday and the net is unusable.
I was thinking it might be isolated to me, but today I've seen many people complaining of the same problem around the Twickenham area. I've never really had a problem with Virgin before, but this is really frustrating and is preventing me from earning an income, as I need to upload graphics and I am completely unable to with upload speeds this poor. Basic Web browsing is about it!

If this is related to capacity issues which won't be fixed for over a month, then I have literally no choice but to switch provider.

0 Kudos
jakethep
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Barnes, I have exactly the same problem. I was hoping they'd have identified it as a known issue by now, I don't see any Status updates..

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

55dBmV upstream transmit power is nothing to do with capacity problems.

Twickenham and Barnes both connected to Mortlake. If there's an issue with the a few very specific bits of kit at Mortlake this might explain things.

0 Kudos
badgerduck
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the views and replies.

Quick update - I have just had a text from Virgin saying they have cancelled the engineer visit for Monday as they have now decided it's a network fault so enough other people must have reported the same problem. Hopefully it will lead to a speedier fix.

0 Kudos
Maroda90
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ahh sounds good, thank you for letting us know!

0 Kudos
badgerduck
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Jumped the gun it seems.

The "Network Issue" they claim to now have fixed didn't fix my upstream power issue but they cancelled my engineer visit anyway.

So another 30 mins spent with Virgin booking another one, which is a day later than the original one...

They couldn't tell me what the issue was they fixed.

So if you still have the problem you should probably call them.

0 Kudos
techygeek1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in TW2 and they have definitely not fixed the issue. Getting near zero upload speed at the moment on speedtest.net and the internet is effectively useless for work... 

Anybody else having problems? 

0 Kudos
mark_tw
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ditto for me. I am in Tw1 and have had no upload speed since Sunday.

0 Kudos
Tim_TW1
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same here - I am located in TW2. I called up yesterday and spent over 90 minutes talking to the help desk. Once I persuaded them it wasn't my computers at fault they arranged a service visit for today. Then at 7.30 this morning I got a txt saying it had been cancelled and haven't heard back since..... still no upload. its been like this since sunday.

0 Kudos