Menu
1ceman
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade is worse

Hi, I've upgraded from Vivid200 to Vivid200 gamer and it keeps dropping out and I'm only getting around 40-60Mbps (previously I was getting 150+) - any help?

0 Kudos
1ceman
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade is worse

Just to add; I've tried wired and wireless. I get around the same speeds. Don't really understand how the speed can just change like that! Especially since I'm not meant to have traffic management either now. Is the new superhub 3 causing it? Is it worth switching back to my Superhub 2ac?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 is awful, if you can swap back, do it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
1ceman
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will try tonight.

Having constant drop outs today, not sure what is going on!
0 Kudos
1ceman
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What are the current response times for posts here?

I tried talking to someone on livechat, who just said its a fault in the area (which I know about, its been going on since 2015!) which is congestion at peak times which I can deal with but it doesn't explain the crap service I'm getting constantly now after a simple upgrade. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Current response time for the forum team is around give or take a week an a half. Live chat/Phone chat are just script readers so they never really are much help for issues not on their scripts.

If you get the chance, set up a BQM at: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/c65e3f17729be7396b36b76ff78f476b.html

which will monitor the state of your connection.

The Hub3 has a few known issues with it, the primary one right now is the Intel Puma chip issue in it. Generally, as above, I would advise going back to the 2ac where possible, I personally requested not to get a hub3 when upgrading for the amount of issues it has.

As to having peak time congestion in the mix, that will only get worse (as more people get signed up to the poor service in the area / growing bandwidth demands by users increases) until the 'big' fix yours location will get that eventually fixes it.

0 Kudos
1ceman
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So i tried going back to the 2ac. It won't let me. Even tried factory reset. Should i be able to use either? I did think it was odd that I had to ring the phone number on the manual to get a signal sent through (although I already had one as I was just upgrading). 

Currently getting this kinda speed but I was easily pushing 150 before  5958432552

In regards to the monitor; I've used it before and still had it setup but it's on a different IP so guessing that is useless. I've setup another.

Re: dropouts - I am going by what my missus says so not sure if its the actual connection dropping or the wifi. 

Does the Hub3 generally handle ok in Modem mode? 

Wish I didn't bother upgrading now

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You will need to ring up and get the 2ac activated again if you want it done that way (i believe - not 100%). Although I personally would wait till office hours, and ask to speak to the cancellation team (see if they will give you better discounts too while you are there), rather than dealing with offshore whose scripts won't understand what you want.

Hub3 issues are still present in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Another personal thing, if you had over utilization before, you never should of upgraded. Pointless paying for something you won't receive the majority of the time you want to use it.

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was on 150 on a SH1 no problems at all, upgraded to 200 on SH3 lowest I have got is 0.03Mbs and highest around 11.
0 Kudos