Menu
jagman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade delayed forever it seems

I was first due a broadband speed boost from 50-70mb last year. It was delayed until September.

September comes and nothing happens. I check my account and the date has apparently been pushed forward again 3 months until December. Contact Virgin to double check, they say it will be December.

Of course, it's now January and I'm still on 50mb. To add to the failures, my account page now has a new message:

"Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 50Mbps to up to 70Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between July 2015 and July 2015"

Yes you read that right, 2015...I'm seriously considering Sky recently, it seems Virgin are becoming lazy and incompetent.

I'd appreciate if you can let me know if this will ever happen, or not. I mean if it's not too much trouble you know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade delayed forever it seems

50 mb what luxury - I pay for 200 vivid and have been in "fault progress" since feb16 - with speeds dropping so low this Christmas - I was unable to show the world  because OOKLA couldn't even load!!  and with the kids on holiday FANTASTIC....

Welcome to UK's  best.

0 Kudos
mikes2400
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade delayed forever it seems

The upgrade is indeed delayed forever. After months of advices on my account that an upgrade from 50 to 70Mbps was imminent, they've now changed it to this:-

"Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 50Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online."

So I've finally got an upgrade from 50Mbps to 50Mbps!  Am I expected to be grateful?

0 Kudos