Menu
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update on F003478328? Fix,Review or whatever you decide to call it..

With the internet restricted to 0.5 - 10meg between 4pm an midnight I contacted customer support to be told that the 'fix' date for this is the 21/09/2016, which am guessing is not going to happen..

What i cant get my head round is how you lie to you customers with these 'fix' and 'review' dates?  Why is it when i phone they say its a fix but when you read on here its a review from reading on here you say its a script which is not good enough really its a lie to string the customer along..

0 Kudos
SkeeterUK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update on F003478328? Fix,Review or whatever you decide to call it..

All the customer service ppl here would be first tier support like on the phones probably which go through steps stated in a script like most CS do. So only use these here for very basic issues otherwise ring CS and ask to be put through to tier 2 or tier 3 if its really bad which i think tier 3 is being handed to a technician which would know things far more technical than a first tier would be able to diagnose.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morning SiKi

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds due to a high peak time traffic fault in your area and for the inconvenience caused.

From checking the ticket (F003478328), I can see that our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 28th December.

With these faults, they will have review dates due to the work that is required and can be subject to change. The work can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. which require planning permission.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Todays the day, there has been no improvement with all previous dates my connection has actually got worse..

This is every day now

5cf55706b75f78ae71f8209a4c9f0606-28-12-2016.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey SiKi,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems. I have tried to check the fault but the tool we use is inactive today.

I'll set a reminder to check again on Monday and I'll give you a progress update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply..

Things have not improved its becoming a bit of a joke now that i can never get over 5Mbps on a 200Mbps service.

I think you will agree you have had long enough to improve this dreadful service I would have more respect for VM if i could actually see your service improve as each date passes.

here is tonight's speed test

bbtest07012017.png

On your website you advertise the average speed for this time of night is 158.74Mbps!!

I will not have a good word for your service for as long as this goes on and if i can stop one person being scammed into a service like this i will be happy.  Equally i will eat humble pie if it gets sorted.. but what are my chances?  

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

To be honest with you SiKi I am surprised they need the tools to see whats going on with that graph lol, but I am sure it to rule out any other problems Smiley Happy, yeh that connection is going to be pretty useless to be honest
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This might sound like an odd question, but is there anything that could be hammering your uplink? Sometimes when someone is maxing out there upload speed (say P2P sharing) it can cause things to be worse with problems like this, it was odd that just after 6 everything instantly settled down, I would of expected a more subtle drop in pings

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is a graph when i used to get 10Mbps, everday was exactly the same with internet going to shot at exactly the same time each day

novgraph.png

as the months have gone its has got worse and now the speed is down to 5Mbps never seen 10Mbps for a while now

here is an average Saturday.. problems start at 10am set your watch by it

BQM Saturday.png

and weekday again

BQM Weekday.png

If I need to download anything it has to be done when everyone is in bed as which i have had to setup its impossible todo any other time as there is just not the bandwidth.

0 Kudos