Menu
Poap12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unuseable broadband area 20

The last 5 days I've been reduced to 0.2 Mbps.  I'm paying for vivid 200!!  Have done the usual reset etc etc.  Phoned support who messed around with some settings and 'should be ok now'.  All to no avail.  I've had to call every day to try and get this resolved.

Got the feeling I was being fobbed off. Finally someone at virgin admitted that there was an issue and an engineer was on the case  I asked when this would be fixed as it had been 5 days already.  Was informed it would be fixed at 9.00 am on 15th March!!

Thats 9 weeks!!  No offer of compensation or even free 4G access (we have Virgin mobile also  )  I can't believe that Virgin can be so poor at resolving issues or providing any back up. Couldn't even tell me what the problem was.  I told them that I was not paying for a service I'm not getting and they agreed to provide a credit on my bill  they would not tell me how much however.  If I'm not happy I have to ring again.  My kids can't do homework.  Spotify is useless (more money down the drain!!).

Anyone else had this problem??  What did you do to resolve??

many thanks in advance...

Was informed 

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unuseable broadband area 20

Hello, With such a long fix date it looks like they mean you have utilization. 

Are the slow speeds at peak time or all the time? 

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email the CEO. Be polite and you'll receive a call back.
0 Kudos
Poap12
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've gone to Vodafone for broadband now as I get a discount for using their mobile service. Not connected yet but should be next week. Will see how it goes. They guarantee a minimum service level etc but we'll see......
I also reduced my tv package and have saved over £40 in the process.
0 Kudos