Menu
SimonRC
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unusable evening speeds in W3

Good evening

For several months now, our evening download speeds in West London are dropping to 2Mb, even on a wired connection. Every night without exception.

The amount of similar topics would suggest Virgin have serious infrastructure problems nationwide. The 'coming soon' speed boost adverts only add insult to injury.

For the money, it's disgusting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable evening speeds in W3

Hi SimonRC

Thanks for posting and I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds that you have been experiencing. We will certainly look into this with you.

I've run a few checks and I can see that there is a fault ticket that's been raised causing slow speeds around peak times. This fault is under reference F002989284 with a review date estimated for 23/03/2016. When checking your hub there are also problems with your dowsntream power levels that will exacerbate this type of problem. We will need to arrange an engineer visit to get these levels adjusted so I'll send you a PM.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
VrgineMediocre
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable evening speeds in W3

Hi Virgin Media, 

I can concur that the evening VM broadband speeds in W3 have been unusable for 95.9% of every evening for circa the last two weeks. (I also have no landline at all. Same time frame.) An eta for both fixes would be appreciated. 

I have just WhatsApp'd a W3 group and have reports of the same ranging right across the area e.g. W3 6HB, W3 6EX, W3 6EY and W3 6HR. 

Perhaps this is a different fault from F002989284 in 2016 an 2015..?

Come on - let's not give London the most mediocre broadband speed in Europe!

Regards, 

W3

0 Kudos