Menu
smfcfan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unusable broadband speeds, evenings and weekends

We mainly use our broadband for streaming movies from Amazon and Netflix and for gaming on PS4 but for the last month or so we've had nothing but problems during 'peak' times. Streaming can be achieved after a reboot or 2 but video quality often comes and goes which makes it unviewable for me. As for gaming in the evenings or during the day at weekends? You can forget it, speeds are nowhere near stable enough or fast enough to compete.

We pay for 150mb/s but often during these 'peak' periods we only achieve a small percentage of that speed with tests showing as low as 6mb/s at times.

My best guess as to the cause of the issue is oversubscription since I can often get my full speed...if I'm awake at 2am or happen to have a day off work when most other people don't.

I've looked at power levels, snr etc. and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

Any help, advice or answers would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable broadband speeds, evenings and weekends

Hello there smfcfan,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting, I'm disappointed to confirm there is a fault in your area. The fault reference is: F004667278 and it's due for review on the 21st June. This fault is responsible for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours. We will need to perform network upgrades to resolve this. If you bump this post on or after the review date, we will update you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos