Menu
felixkyle
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unusable Internet

I live in St Helens, area code 01 and the internet from around 4pm till gone midnight is unusable and has been for many months. I've just had enough and posting here in the hopes that this can be resolved.  The check your service status says there is nothing wrong..

virgin service status.PNG

but running a speed test tells a different picture.This is one of the better speed test I have got this week possibly because I'm running it at 11pm. Usually the ping is 300+ms fluctuating to over 1000ms.

virgin speed.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable Internet

AFAIK there an open fault for "overutilisation" in that area.

If you wait staff will pick it up and confirm. Replies currently take up to a week.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable Internet

Hi there felixkyle,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I've taken a look at your connection and as Kippies mentioned there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004048057 and has a review date of 28th December.

I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused. One of my colleagues will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos