Menu
311beetle
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfulfilled promises

Probably not saying anything new here but just have to vent my utter disgust with the attitude to Virgin & the non-delivery of their promised speeds. Bombarded - and I mean bombarded with marketing telling me how this is the best service, speed etc, since signing up 6 months ago I've had nothing but slow speeds - tonight another fault locally as too many people are using the service (area 22) which they hope will be resolved in February! What exactly am I paying for?? I can't use my TV or any of my devices properly as the signal is too weak.

I am totally hacked off with them - done all the usual tests but nothing resolved. Don't expect anything to come from this but needed to share my frustration!

I

0 Kudos
Phill374
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfulfilled promises

I pay for 100 Mbps OK during the day but evenings I only get 5 Mbps. Have made three phone calls complaining 1, I was told VM were upgrading the system and the work was being done in the evenings would be finished by April. 2, There was a problem and there and then I was put onto another server, no change with the problem. 3, my area24 had high usage at peak times and there were no plans at the moment to upgrade the area. I have since found out (not from VM) that each individual fibre cable is capable of serving 96 customers max. During the day not all customers will be on it but at peak times when its possible that all 96 are using it , it's then slowed down so that everyone gets a piece of the cake. The technical term is called "Contention Ratio"

0 Kudos
311beetle
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep, sounds exactly the same as mine yet we are still expected to pay the full price for a speed that renders a lot of devices useless at peak times. 

What frustrates me most is that you can't get to talk to anyone about it - the call centre just fobs you off or goes into selective uncomprehending mode. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello 311beetle,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for the slow speeds you're experiencing, I completely understand your frustrations.

I've taken a look and I can see the fault in your area which is due for review on the 22nd Feb. These faults can be difficult and often lengthy to resolve due to the complexity of the work required.

If you keep in touch with us here we will be able to provide progress updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would ask for the actual fault code they have given to your issue that vm have themselves caused. You can then judge for yourself if you think virign are doing enough in the time it has been live to get it resolved. Don't be alarmed if it's gone back a few years, virgin aren't..
0 Kudos
311beetle
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - another month to waitvthen. I appreciate the issues may be complex to resolve but in the meantime I pay a full months charges (and have been for the past few months) for an incomplete service that restricts what I can do/watch
0 Kudos